How the exterior of your house looks creates the first impression that buyers get when they come to view your home. Having an attractive, well maintained yard and entrance can encourage buyers to want to see more.
So how does the exterior of your home look? Would it be appealing to buyers? Is there something more you can do to make it look more interesting?
Here are some ideas of things to do to increase your homes curb appeal:
- Remove any dead or dying trees, shrubs or plants
- Purchase some shrubs in large pots to flank the doorway or garage doors
- Refinish or repaint the front door
- Clean or replace exterior lighting
- Fill cracks in the walkway and driveway
- Straighten up the boarders of flowerbeds
- Clean windows and gutters
- Trim tree limbs that are close to or touching the roof
- Clean, paint and/or polish front door hardware
- Repaint house numbers on curb